Today's game is What am I?
Can you guess what type of garden plant or animal these are from the clues?
- My leaves are very high in Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, and many other nutrients.
- I have a taproot that brings up nutrients for shallower rooting plants around me.
- Historically I was prized and cultivated for a variety of medicinal properties. Now I am considered a common weed in the US.
- I hatched from a cocoon.
- In one acre of land, there can be more than a million of my kind.
- The largest one of my kind ever found measured 22 feet long.
- I can fly over 3,000 miles during my lifetime.
- I hibernate over the winter.
- My kind is normally orange and black, but a few are white and black.
- My flowers are symbolic of motherly love.
- My flowers changes sex. When one first opens, it is male, but after a few days the male parts fall off to reveal female parts.
- When disturbed, my ripe seed pods explode, scattering my seeds as much as 20 feet away.
- I am a hermaphrodite.
- My life span is about 15 years, but some can live up to 25 years.
- May 24 is the national holiday celebrating the eating of my kind.
Do you think you knew what they all were? Here are the answers: